I‚??m curious to know what your thoughts and expectations of daily link posts are.
If you‚??re a blogger who publishes daily links from del.icio.us, a blogger who has chosen not to publish these links, or looking at the topic from a reader‚??s perspective, please consider answering these questions, either as a comment or as a post of your own:
1. How do you see your link posts adding value to your readers?
2. Through how many channels do you promote these links? Is it too many?
3. Do you feel a blog would suffer if these daily links posts were deactivated?
Why am I asking? Well, after reading this post and its comments, I‚??m curious to know where you‚??re coming from on the topic. In his post, Mitch writes:
‚??With the ability to subscribe to any-one’s del.icio.us page or shared links via Google Reader, and the capability to add both of those as a widget in your Facebook profile, why do we still allow Bloggers to get away with a random list of links as a Blog posting?‚?Ě
Don‚??t know about you, but I‚??m not too sure that I agree with this line of thinking. I‚??m pretty certain that many readers of this blog aren‚??t connected through Facebook, Twitter and del.icio.us. Sure, some are, but does your blog‚??s audience consist of only the people you‚??re connected to through multiple channels ‚?? or also to clients and colleagues who are just getting into this space and are only reading blogs?
To answer my own questions:
- I won‚??t link to anything that I haven‚??t read, thought about and believe will add value to readers. I also use the space provided by del.icio.us to add my thoughts about the link. If the link post doesn‚??t appear on a given day, that‚??s because I haven‚??t had the time to properly recommended valuable links. I also try to have a little fun every week by posting Saturday Video Links for your viewing pleasure. ;-)
- I post links from del.icio.us to this blog and to Facebook. To be honest, I don‚??t think it‚??s too much, but I am curious to know from my Facebook network whether having access to these links is valuable.
- I think the blog would suffer, to a degree. I believe these links give you insight into my interests as a marketer and me as a person. I also believe that you can learn quite a bit from the writers I point to. Sometimes, when I come across something that I think is incredibly valuable, I just want to share it with you ‚?? call it a little Give + Take Marketing in action.
So, what are your thoughts on the subject? If I may be so bold, I wouldn‚??t mind getting the ball rolling by tagging some of you:
BTW, if you’re so inclined, why not connect with me through these other (link sharing?) channels as well: